Decode UTF-8 in variable ?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jun 20 04:55:12 EDT 2013

Hi Ludovic,

You don't need to set the text to a unicode string to be able to use it.
What you are doing seems correct, although you don't say if you're
storing the value returned in a variable:

put uniDecode(uniEncode(myTxt,"UTF8")) into myAscii

This should work. What is the source of the text? Is it something that
can actually be represented as ASCII?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille