[ANN] mergExt just got even better!

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jun 18 22:08:20 EDT 2013

Hi LiveCoders

Another huge release today makes mergExt an absolute no-brainer for LiveCode development no matter what platform you're working on! You now get $865 worth of externals and other tools for the stunningly low price of $299! You can also buy products individually also if you like.

mergAWS-1.1.0

Version 1.1 adds S3 support to mergAWS. A bundle for MacOS X is now included so you can use it on both platforms or just have one less bit of code that's iOS only in your app when developing.

mergSocket-1.0.0

The first is the introduction of a new external mergSocket for $49 or as part of the mergExt bundle. This external provides TCP and UDP sockets including the ability to accept incoming connections. This external was crowd funded (we didn't quite meet the target funding so instead of taking the more complicated path of implementing something that might cross compile to Android in agreement with the funders we have gone for an iOs only solution. In the meantime I am looking into the issues with the sockets commands in the engine because if we can get them working it would be much better. It may be a while before that is released in a commercial version of LiveCode though.

mergJSON-1.0.3

This version adds builds for LiveCode Server and mobile (iOS AND Android)

mergMarkdown-1.0.1

This version adds builds for LiveCode Server and mobile (iOS AND Android)

... did someone say Android external... yes! These two externals are straight C so now that I can see how RunRev are doing it with their externals I've been able to compile them for iOS also. It doesn't mean I'll start pumping out lots of Android externals just yet but things are getting closer to the Java bindings we need so that I can.

mergExt is the bargain of the century now and it's only going to get better and bigger!

By purchasing anything from the mergExt store you are also supporting my FOSS efforts on the livecode engine, mApp framework, lcVCS and MIT licensed externals like mergMarkdown and mergMicrophone.

Cheers

Monte

--
M E R Goulding