Using the Find command in IOS

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Tue Jun 18 16:42:30 EDT 2013

Thanks for the response. That would be great but my testing does not
support this. When I do a find of a field within a scroller group, the Find
works, in that it finds the text and draws a box around it, but the field
itself doesn't scroll (or at least it doesn't change the vscroll value of
the field).

I test the vscroll of the field after the Find and it is always zero. It
does work as expected on the desktop but doesn't seem to actually scroll
the field in the IOS environment.

Do you have any idea why I am getting this result?

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 6/15/13 4:22 PM, Howard Bornstein wrote:
>
>> The dictionary shows that the Find command is supported in IOS, but I
>> can't
>> seem to make it work as described.
>>
>> I want to "find" a string in a scrolling field and have the field scroll
>> automatically to that string. It works fine on the desktop but doesn't
>> scroll to the found line in the IOS field (although it *does* draw a box
>>
>> around the string, which I don't actually care about).
>>
>> I'm not doing anything with the vscroll property of the scrolling group
>> the
>> field is in, but as far as I can tell, I shouldn't have to.
>>
>> Is there a way to get Find to just scroll to the found string in an IOS
>> text field? Is there more that is needed beside simply using the Find
>> command?
>>

> The field itself will scroll but that's all, you'll have to manage the
> group scroll yourself. If you're using a native iOS scroller you'll need to
> adjust that too. Probably the best way would be to note the starting scroll
> of the field before the find command, calculate the difference afterward,
> and then adjust the group and iOS scroller to the same amount.
>
> --

Regards,

Howard Bornstein