6.1

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Jun 14 17:29:54 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Two things I don't get:
>
> 1. why are you continuing this discussion here instead of in the properties
> topic on the forum?
>
> 2. what does including synonyms in the list of properties deliver? You
> really want "the properties" to return "backcolor" as well as
> "backgroundcolor"? With the same value? I don't. Not listing synonyms in
> the
> properties list is not the same as asking for the backcolor of a control.

Maybe I'm confused but I thought this discussion was now about the
propertynames not the properties?  Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

To clarify, I don't care about synonyms coming back from the properties but
I do think there should be a way to, optionally, return synonyms as part of
the propertynames.

I think the two are getting confused right now because if you want a list
of the property names of an object, you have to use the keys of the
properties of that object.  Hopefully, the movement to get improvements to
the propertynames functionality will remove that requirement.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>