6.1

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Jun 13 16:40:47 EDT 2013

On 14/06/2013, at 3:05 AM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> This is a good example of why contributors need to be especially careful not to change or break existing behaviors. RunrevMark does a very good job of monitoring that, but this one slipped by.

It hasn't slipped by it just wasn't clearly expressed until now but this is only dp 1. Because Pete didn't post to the engine forum I did it for him and had some feedback from RunRevMark and will make a couple of tweaks to the contribution. I actually agree that it should return empty values. That change was introduced when trying to work out what to do about unicode/ascii color/pattern issues. The property will still return unicode if the property contains non-ascii because I can't see any way around that but the color and pattern properties will all be returned and when setting they will need to be handled to deal with an empty color overwriting a pattern that has a value or visa versa...

the properties property has been broken and unattended for many years... the whole point was to fix it not break it more!

BTW I didn't invent the engine forum... I read posts here so if people move discussion from there to here I will see it but I'm not sure how closely Mark follows this list which is why I suggested posting to the forum...

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!