6.1

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jun 12 17:01:01 EDT 2013

On 13/06/2013, at 6:03 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> However, I'm not so happy about the properties changes, at least until I
> check them out and see exactly what the changes are.

Sorry to hear that.. you can read all the forum posts about the development of these changes if you like so you understand people's reasoning...

> It sounds like "the properties" doesn't return all the properties it used
> to return, only those needed to recreate it.  That's great for those who
> want to recreate an object by maybe not so great for folks who want to use
> it for other purposes.

If properties aren't set it no longer returns them

> And it would be nice to get a bit more explanation of only returning the
> unicode variants "if, and only if, they are needed".

For example if you set the unicodeLabel to something which actually is unicode then it will return the unicodeLabel otherwise it will return the label.

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!