Multitasking Comes to iOS, Time for LC to make it better

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jun 10 17:06:27 EDT 2013

Perhaps this can be exploited to allow the event model to work better.  Better and more messages and callbacks can allow the event model to get things done while people are doing other things.

On the desktop, we might be getting command-line LiveCode back.  This means that some tasks can be pushed to a standalone and communication with that is by 'open process' reads and writes, or by TCP/IP.

However, I heard somebody mention (dunno who, so this is blatant rumor) that development and stacks being tested will be more isolated, perhaps in separate threads or processes, and there might be some generalization of that that might help.

Overall, my feeling is to let the event model work.  If we find weaknesses there, then lets ponder those.

Dar