preparing a stack for printing

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Mon Jun 10 11:24:19 EDT 2013

Hi

I'm trying to print a kind of report, and am weirded out by all the different rectangles and widths that are available (printRectangle, printPaperRectangle, printPaperSize, printMargins, etc.)

All I want is the printable area, so I can set the width and height of my stack to that amount, then print the first card.

It seems that the below lines produce an approximation amount, but it's not completely correct. The approach also so weirdly backwards and roundabout! I guess my question is, isn't there any way to get the same or a better result more easily?

   put item 3 of the printRectangle -  item 1 of the PrintRectangle - item 1 of the printMargins - item 3 of the printMargins into myEffectivePrintWidth

   put item 4 of the printRectangle -  item 2 of the PrintRectangle - item 2 of the printMargins - item 4 of the printMargins into myEffectivePrintHeight

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: