Works in IDE, doesn't work in standalone (revisited)

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sun Jun 9 15:17:50 EDT 2013

I am still trying to track this. Can anyone explain what prevents a tool (like the graphic tool, where the style of the graphicTemplate is set to "rectangle") actually working as the user drags the mouse across a card? I have checked the cantSelect of the card and the cantModify of the stack, and they're both false, but i have a case where I just can't get the tool to allow a drag (it creates a graphic, but one can't resize it), nor can the pointer tool select the graphics on the card, even though they can be selected by script.

I just can't think what other factors are involved in stopping these tools working like they do in the IDE. I can't find anything in the LC Dictionary or the User Guide (in fact it would be hard to deduce from either of them that one can offer a user the kind of drawing tools which are present in the IDE, but that's another issue)>

Any ideas, anyone?

TIA

Graham