[OT] What's happening here in Turkey...

Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu endernafi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 22:04:35 EDT 2013

Hello all,

First, I can't tell how much glad I am to see your support.
Thanks for on-list and many, many off-list replies and good wishes.

I'd like to give you an update about the situation.

"I do wonder what happened last night when the PM arrived back in the country…" - Alan
We were wondering that too, but he didn't surprise us.
He repeated the same statements before the trip, during the trip and after the trip {a trip to Morocco & Tunisia}.
He insists not to calm things down.
Stubborn and arrogant, drunken with power.
He says :
*We won't get permission from a couple of fascist looters to make the mall.*
Yeah baby, we're the fascists, sure :))
{if you see words in blogs as "chapul, chapulling, tschapul, chapullier" that's the turkish word for *looter*}
And ok, don't get permission from us.
But, there's a court order, I mean, COURT ORDER AGAINST THE CONSTRUCTION.
I still can't comprehend how he can ignore this.
We just can't understand his mind.
It's a dangerous road, dangerous indeed.
Abdullah Gul, the president of the republic, and the other high-ranked party members made calming statements when Erdogan was in trip.
But he came against them too and got angry for their statements.
They're trying to calm down the nation and Erdogan is still stubborn.
He's like a bully from 6th grade, nothing more!
Childish sentences, anger and hatred.
His followers are alike.
He said that Monday 10th July, police will enter into Taksim to get us out.
Well, we're waiting, come to papa :)
It's like a giant vaudeville, like a Chaplin movie.

With kindest regards from Turkey.

~ Ender Nafi

~… together, we're smarter & stronger …~