Getting Kanji from a .csv file

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri Jun 7 19:21:41 EDT 2013

> I don't know what characters the field might throw away.  So, putting the
> file into the field and then modifying the field seems scary to me.  Maybe
> all the data is there, but maybe not.

The actual command I used was <set the unicodetext of fld "ProcessedFile"
to uniencode(fld  "ProcessedFile, "UTF8")> (extraneous "the" in my first
example)

I had no problems with this. In fact, it processed a file with about
300,000 lines in just a few seconds.

And then save the field much like this:

> put uniDecode( the unicodeText of field "Processed File", "UTF8" ) into
> URL ("file:"&kFile2)

I tried some variations of this but was not able to save the file from
within LC and still have the Kanji viewable in TextEdit. I guess you didn't
read the part about teaching to the imbecile because the rest of your
explanation was way over my head.

But thanks for trying.

I would still like to find a way to do this from within LC.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein