Embed MapPoint into desktop application

Graham Pearson gspearson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 05:32:21 EDT 2013

I am working on a map application but instead of using MapPoint, I am
using Google Maps. In my application, we have 24 markets across the
country that I have Lat/Long from FCC CallSign Broadcast Towers for
Educational Use. I have created a webservice with this information so my
application retrieves and XML file and stores it within SQLite. I then
display the map for the specific Market that a user clicks upon and use
Overlays to display a 35 mile radius around the tower.

What I am working on now with the application is giving the user the
ability to display all private/public school buildings within this 35
mile radius of the tower and upon clicking on a icon will display
additional information about the tower and school building.

What I have learned when I write applications is the end user does not
care how or what is used just aslong as the new program provides the
same functionality as the program they are used to using.