[OT] What's happening here in Turkey...

Ender Nafi Elekçioğlu endernafi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:08:39 EDT 2013

* here is part 2 *

I don't want any help whatsoever from you, 'cause this is our case, I know.
To stand up for our nature, for our cultural heritages, for our rights…
This post is just to inform you and for sharing my feelings.

But please, please remember:
This is not a political movement;
we, protesters, are hundreds of thousands as of now and we don't have any leaders, any organizations, think-tank's, parties, etc.
this is a civil and humane movement to protect our trees and parks and woods!
By the way, you can't imagine how much proud and happy I feel to see my people to rise up like this for such an innocent reason.
Girls and boys, gays and straights, youngs and elders, all together!
There's still hope for Homo Sapiens, after all :)

Ok, that's it, I'm too tired and too beaten up by police to write any other sentences :)

Here is BBC's news 3min. {same video, both youtube and facebook links, try facebook first} :
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151437942042742
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLMeyvG95zM

This is from CNN 11min. {same video, both youtube and facebook links, try facebook first} :
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151438794482742
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-NCpPs_YhA

And please read this letter, too, as it's written with a better English than mine and it's explaining the situation more accurately:
http://defnesumanblogs.com/2013/06/01/what-is-happenning-in-istanbul/

With my kindest and warmest regards from Turkey,

Ender Nafi

~… together, we're smarter & stronger …~