Getting Kanji from a .csv file

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jun 6 10:57:57 EDT 2013

On Jun 5, 2013, at 9:42 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

> Hi Howard,
>
> From one unicode-ignorant soul to another -
>
> Devin's explanation about LC & Unicode got me started:
>    http://livecode.byu.edu/unicode/unicodeInRev.php  -- the good part is about a third of the way down
>
> Using this info + LC's various unicode functions + the styledText of a field, I was recently able to paste multi-line Arabic text correctly. If I can do that, you can do Kanji. Really! It reads left-to-right doesn't it?

Thanks for the kind words, Phil. The article is several years old now, and while most of the information is still valid, some significant things regarding Unicode changed for the better in the LiveCode 5.x cycle. (Although someone at RunRev has added some notes to it in the meantime to reflect some of the changes.) Some day I'll make some time to update the article.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University