DB/Reporting Tools

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Jun 5 17:47:42 EDT 2013

> I'm messing with Valentina right now for doing reporting/etc.
>  Does anybody have any other tools they'd recommend for SQLite/MySQL?

Hi Mike,

I believe reporting falls into two camps when it comes to RAD tools like
LiveCode, irrespective of the actual reporting features:

On one hand, you might have a native code based solution, where you hand
make your own or someone has delivered a solution that incorporates native
LiveCode controls.

Then there are externals (like Valentina Reports ADK), which bring their own
toolkit to the mix. It provides its own controls for the reports themselves
(set up with Valentina Studio Pro), and these then bound to various queries
from the database you elect to use.

You might also want to consider how well reports scale to other platforms,
like server implementations. Our Valentina Reports projects can, with a
little tweaking, be used with Valentina Server. Valentina Server
incorporates both native Valentina DB and Reports, and the Reports side can
work with other databases other than just Valentina (like MySQL, Postgre,
etc).

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President