Another bizarre Apple patent troll case, in which Runtime Revolution plays a bit part

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Sun Jun 2 23:48:17 EDT 2013

In the article:

     http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/06/apple-betrayed-by-its-own-law-firm/

I am not sure what the lawyer patented exactly but if is was moving an object on the screen by pointing to it, there were touch screens way back when and the sample code from the 1993 HyperTalk manual showed how to move objects with your finger.

The script isn't "grab me" but it was pretty close to that.

Page 319 of the Hypercard scripting language guide includes sample code:

on mouseDown
     repeat until the mouse is up
          set the loc of me to the mouseLoc
     end repeat
end mouseDown

Any locked object with that script would get moved around when you touched it with your finger using a touchscreen.

A 1994/1995 web page:

     http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jonmc/Turb/

Details a system using a Mac and a touchscreen.

Wondering what the lawyer patented and how it was different from state of the art 1993.

Kee Nethery