Graphic tools - works in IDE, fails in Standalone

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 18:03:14 EDT 2013

Hi Graham,

Graham Samuel-4 wrote
> [snip]
> As an experiment, I made a very simple standalone that consists only of a
> mainstack with one card (the drawing area) and a substack with one card
> (the tool palette) with three tools - rectangle, oval and line). It also
> works in the IDE but not as a standalone, tho in this case it will only
> draw lines, and it won't draw rectangles or ovals at all!
>
> Can anyone suggest what is happening and why it doesn't happen in the IDE?
> Could it be a bug? Seems unlikely since similar tools work in the IDE
> itself. I'm stuck.

Download the stack "penTool032e":

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/penTool032e.zip

and use everything what you find useful for your application,
including scripts and icons, just leftout my errors  :-D.

Follow these steps:

Use Ken Ray's Stackrunner to test penTool032e
for the first time.

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/downloads/StackRunner.htm

After opening StackRunner, open first the stack named:
"StartPen" and click on the button "Users".
The button "Developers" is only useful to browse the stack's
scripts inside the LiveCode IDE.

Then, click in the topleft button ("New Drawing") and start
playing with the tools. Dismiss any error dialog the appears
from time to time and experiment with the unfinished tools.

Remember to save the stack (drawing) frecuently, just in
case that you inadvertently step on one bug (all my fault)
that crash Stackrunner.

Al