Monochrome Woes

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 06:07:34 EDT 2013

I have just been taking some screen shots of components
of the Livecode IDE ready for my Livecode classes I will
start teaching in the third week of June and beginning to
get a bit cheesed-off . . .

. . . for why?

All the colour (or 'color' if you prefer) has been drained out
of the LC 6.0.2 OSS IDE (as was true for 6.0 and 6.0.1) leaving
everything monochrome.

I don't know if the commercial version has retained the colour that
has been a wonderful feature of LC from version 1 to 4.5 (at least).

I would beg RunRev to return the colourisation in version 6.0.3 and
so on as it will make life much, much easier both for teaching and
for the cognitive leap the 9, 10, 11 and 12 year old kids are going
to have to go through when they start working with the thing.

Richmond.