dealing with these *huge* pdf files generated

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 19:31:07 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Could any of these options help to reduce PDF size?
>
> http://smallpdf.com/
> http://www.pdfcompressor.org/
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3048661?start=0&tstart=0
>
> http://www.usfca.edu/uploadedFiles/Destinations/Offices_and_Services/ITS/learning/training/pdf_files/reducing_pdfs_mac_PC.pdf

Many *could*.  But everything either wants a file  uploaded, or are
specific to a particular platform :(

> By the way, I still believe that a PDF build using Quartam
> must be smaller than a PDF created in an automatic way. :)

Well, it's an automatic way, too :)

What I really want is livecode to have a non-stupid pdf output.

My pdfs should be very, very small--they're pure lines and text.

I suppose a page could be rendered with something like

repeat for each control ob on this card
switch the type of ob
    case "field"
       makefield(the topleft of ob, the bottomright of ob,the formatted
text of ob)
       . . .
end switch
end repeat

where makefield() and the like are very short postscript functions.

The .ps would be much smaller than the .ps, but mac takes so long to render
ps to pdf . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462