dealing with these *huge* pdf files generated

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 15:58:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

Dr. Hawkins wrote
> But that doesn't seem to do it:  "Nor can it be used to modify
> existing PDF documents or extract text from them."
>
> The issue here isn't *generating* a pdf, but that when I export a card
> to one, livecode is *horribly* inefficient, making a file 10 times the
> size it should be.

Could any of these options help to reduce PDF size?

http://smallpdf.com/
http://www.pdfcompressor.org/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3048661?start=0&tstart=0
http://www.usfca.edu/uploadedFiles/Destinations/Offices_and_Services/ITS/learning/training/pdf_files/reducing_pdfs_mac_PC.pdf

By the way, I still believe that a PDF build using Quartam
must be smaller than a PDF created in an automatic way. :)

Al