[mobile] how to implement side-to-side swiping of a vertically scrolling group

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Sat Jun 1 00:03:59 EDT 2013

I have a vertical scrolling group (day-per-view calendar object) that I want to be able to navigate back or forwards a day by using a horizontal swipe. I have this working reasonably well but because the group is scrolling the swipe needs to be more or less perfectly horizontal otherwise the group scrolls and the swipe is bypassed. Has anyone successfully implemented something like this?

I was wondering whether there was some way of delaying the scroller coming into play until the mouse had moved vertically a small amount? Any ideas welcome.

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Eduction Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne