Persistent LC server?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 31 23:34:16 EDT 2013

Phil Davis wrote:
> So it would be a faceless long-running app, right? Sounds like some
> experimentation is needed to see what is possible. Seems like it could
> listen to a non-web port and respond to requests there. Do traditional
> DB calls go through the web server? If not (and maybe if so) you could
> possibly follow their model.

They go through the Web server when the developer cares about security. :)

The trick here is that LC Server is designed to run as a CGI; that is,
the process is born, lives, and dies in the time it takes to satisfy a
request.

So what I need to work out is how to launch it and have it sit in a loop
waiting for communications over a given port.  Probably doable, but
would be nice if someone had already worked out the gotchas.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems