revOnline and Open Source

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jul 31 16:23:12 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> Sharing code is sharing code, but it helps to define the terms under which
> it's shared.  Otherwise we have no way to know if the intention was GPL,
> CC, MIT, public domain, or something else.

Have to admit I've always thought of revOnline stuff as freely available to
anyone who wants to use with no strings attached and certainly no GPL
requirements.

However, seems like it would be a good idea for RunRev to publish the terms
under which revOnline submissions are accepted so we don't all have to
include our own t&cs.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>