Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner is available again!

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Jul 30 12:14:03 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

The first print of my book sold out in just over a month. Everybody who
took an interest in the book was asked to do the survey at
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com/survey/ (which you can still
fill out if you want) and that made it clear that we are doing things
pretty much the right way. So, we've decided to print more books, after
making a few small corrections.

I haven't changed much because I want teachers and students to be able
to use the two prints next to each other. Nonetheless, I went through my
book once more and corrected a few dozens of small typos. Where
possible, I improved any confusing phrases. You can find the most
important changes at http://qery.us/3xy . I'll be extending the list of
errata during the next few weeks.

Besides corrections, the new print has a slightly heavier soft cover and
a better index. If you still have any comments or questions while
reading the book, you can post them on our Q&A site at
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com/qa/ .

An important change, partly due to the survey results, is the minimum
order size that qualifies as a bulk order. From now on, if you order at
least 10 books, you may qualify for a big discount (this used to be 25
books). Contact me off-list for more information.

If you bought the book recently, we'll be shipping it within a few days.
Books purchased after today will be shipped within 2 weeks. DHL needs at
most 3 weeks to deliver the package, while you should normally get it
within 1 week after we ship it.

More info about the book can be found at http://qery.us/3xz .

--
Best regards,