Finding matched parentheses

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 16:28:30 EDT 2013

​i,​

2013/7/28 Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com>

> Yes, I can believe that. don't think regex is the most efficient thing in
> the world.

​Having using them for years, I still think they are efficient :)​

​But as any tools, you have to use them for the right purpose..
​

Some of the tests I did resulted in LC running out of memory
> too!  That's another thing I think should work better with matchText and
> matchChunk.  Any errors, eg a bad regex, result in a runtime error - would
> be much better if they put something into the result.

​Which has nothing to do with regex but more the way it's implemented in LC.
​

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​</snip>  - it almost certainly
> ​ ​
> doesn't matter for the likely use cases

​Yes, that's the point.
Considering one knows about regex, it's most of the times faster and
even often easier to write a regex than to code some lines of pure script
language.

​

> but if you throw a string with a
> > few thousand (s and )s at it, seconds will go by before you get the
> result

​Who has to deal with such cases ?   :)

​

​Best,