Finding matched parentheses

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 03:56:49 EDT 2013

2013/7/27 Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com>

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Thierry Douez <th.douez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > There are solutions for recursive pattern matching with PCRE, but
> > never being able to make them work within LC.
> >

> Hi Thierry,
> If you follow the link in my post to
> Geoff, there's an example of a recursive expression.  It works great in LC
> (after removing the whitespace characters) but, as also mentioned, in my
> reply to Geoff, matchText doesn't work in circumstances where you don't
> know in advance how many capture groups will be found.

​Thanks Peter,

Well, I should have said that I didn't managed to make them work
consistently.

A couple of years ago, I spent quite some time to dig in
​ ​
regex within LC.
​dropped the idea of using (?R) or its derivatives because for most
practical cases
it didn't worked as expected (even crash LC) but
​those regex ​
worked in Perl scripts!
 (looks like in php it works great too).
​