5.5.5 linking problem -- SOLVED

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Jul 25 23:25:34 EDT 2013

On 26/07/2013, at 1:09 PM, Mark Smith wrote:

> This one was solved by installing the latest version of the externals I was
> using. Simple, elegant, just didn't know where to start with this problem.
> Thanks for all the help and hints provided here.

Glad you sorted it out Mark ;-)

For everyone's reference upgrading to a new iOS sdk requires using both livecode and externals built for that sdk. So whenever you get linking errors the first thing to check is that you have the latest of everything. The next thing is whether you are building armv6 or universal and the external doesn't support it (all of mine so far do but mergDropboxSync coming soon won't) or you don't have a iOS 5 or 5.1 sdk setup somewhere.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services