relative performance of two dimensional array and in-memory sqlite database

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:43:39 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I would pick the method that's the easiest to implement and try it, first.

I initially did that--then changed to the array, as remote db access
turned out to have expensive latency.

So I have the remote DB, and also need a local cache of that to
operate on (the dataset will always be small enough, unless someone
tries GM's next bankruptcy on this . . . )

> I would rather just access the DB instead of trying to load everything into
> containers, so I indexed the relevant fields, and have found that even for
> tens-of-thousands of records, doing a compound LIKE (with wildcards) query
> on multiple fields, it's giggle-fast.

Thanks.  The DB would be easier in so many ways, and my gut says it
will be faster if I go back to it, but . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462