Setting up LC Server on Dreamhost

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 24 15:07:57 EDT 2013

Peter Bogdanoff wrote:

 > "You should avoid using .htaccess files completely if you have access
 > to httpd main server config file. Using .htaccess files slows down
 > your Apache http server. Any directive that you can include in a
 > .htaccess file is better set in a Directory block, as it will have
 > the same effect with better performance."
 >
 > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/howto/htaccess.html

Makes sense.  Thanks for the link.

I'll bet the performance difference is pretty low, though, probably not
even noticeable until you reach a traffic level where moving to a
dedicated server makes sense for other reasons.

I haven't used a dedicated server at DH myself, but I've used the
instructions provided in the LiveCode package to set up my own servers
here and they've worked out well.

What issues did you run into modding the Apache config file?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World