Setting up LC Server on Dreamhost

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Jul 24 14:18:49 EDT 2013

Andre and I have only been able to get LCS to work at each domain level,
not the server level.
There are TWO .htaccess files, btw.  Email me directly for my successful
versions.

 The location and installation of Apache is somewhat mysterious and appears
to be virtualized or changed in some way by DH, inaccessible to us. Perhaps
you could enlist Dreamhost support to help you make the changes you need,
and even get LC support involved. This would help you and also help
evangelize the platform, as it could be offered in the same way that MySQL,
PHP, etc is offered currently at Dreamhost.

I would love to see a way to make one installation of LC Server work on all
my sites, but I'm also happy with the performance of the product used in
this (htaccess) way.