Reliable script to handle selection/drag-and-drop in a list field?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jul 23 15:17:06 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> I wonder if Geoff's script could be revised to use "before mouseDown" or
> "after mouseDown" to allow instances to handle the primary forms of those
> messages without interference?

Great idea, The before/after messages are pretty recent additions to the
language IIRC and I haven't used them yet - Is there some way to stop them
happening?

Actually, if I'm understanding Geoff's script correctly, it looks like it
checks for the mouse having moved 4 pixels since mouseDown happened to
indicate the start of a drag so perhaps I don;t need to worry about
stopping the before/after messages.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>