How to manage file name containing a date with /

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Tue Jul 23 15:13:41 EDT 2013

André

I don't know how to make windows recognize the "/" but you are in luck that the Mac can see them.

Others might have a better approach but if it were my project I would 'bite the bullet' as it were and build a quick and dirty tool in LC on the Mac and rename/fix all of those file names at once and then include them with the app so you can move on to writing your main app for the client. A pain but doable and once done you don't have to deal with this again.

if tFilename contains "/" then replace "/" with "_" in tFilename -- should do the trick when processing each line of the files in folder "DOCS BASE"

Wish you luck on this

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com