legacy problem?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 22:50:00 EDT 2013

Hi.

Within LC 6.1, I modified a stack created years ago and then saved it.
Problem is, the mainstack that for years and years used to be able to open
this modified stack, now can't.

Tried the same modification in LC 5.5.4. Same problem. Mainstack no longer
opens the stack.

So, in LC 5.5.4, I opened up the original stack, but this time did no
modifications whatsoever, and then saved. The problem persists. To
double-check, I opened up and saved one of the other stacks that the
mainstack calls. Same problem.

Finally, repeated all the above but with "Messages" in the IDE turned off.
That would prevent any preOpenCard handlers and what not, right? But still,
the problem.

My thought is it's a legacy issue. I mean, if all I'm simply doing is
opening and then clicking "Save" (and not a standalone), why should a stack
that used to work have now become un-openable?

I was thinking of downloading and testing with an older version of LC.
Perhaps 4.x? But the LC store now only offers 6.x.

If this is not a legacy issue, any ideas? And if it might be a legacy
issue, any links to where I can download older version of LC/RunRev?

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Cueto