How to manage file name containing a date with /

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Mon Jul 22 17:03:01 EDT 2013

Andre,

You are not answering the proper questions to come up with a solution for this.
Questions:
1. Where are the files located when using the Mac version of your app? (same computer? different computer?)
2. Where are the filed located when using the Windows version of your app? (same computer? different computer?)
3. Are they on a server?
4. Are they included with the app when passed on to a Windows machine?
5. What happens when you -- answer file "Choose a file:" -- do they show up?
6. If so what happens when you -- put url ("file:" & it) into tFile -- does tFile hold the correct full path or does it just say "2013.pdf" ?
7. Please post the code that you are trying to use so that we can see it and help you.

Suggestions:
1. Stop the process of naming files with a "/" -- instruct the client how to change this in the scanner software.
2. If the files exist on the Mac then why not run a batch on them and rename them all with a correctly formatted name -- then ship those to the Windows users. Do this with LC.
3. If there are many files 'and' many Mac and Windows users are to access them then suggest a server -- that way all of the clients can use the same code to access them.
4. If the answer file shows them then use 'it' to choose them.
5. If put URL ("file:" & it") shows the correct file path then use 'it' to choose them.
6. If not THEN you need to deal with the file name issue as suggested previously.

I know we can solve this one if we know enough about the workflow.

Yours

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com