How to manage file name containing a date with /

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 22 16:38:41 EDT 2013

Le 22 juil. 2013 à 21:39, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

> On 7/22/13 2:32 PM, Dar Scott wrote:
>> I'm not trying to fool the OS.  It is already fooled the way I
>> understand the problem.  The scanner created files with "/" in the
>> name.
>
> Hm. That would make my last response moot then. I guess I missed where these odd file names were coming from, but apparently they're not coming from disk.

the files are on the disk.
The user receives paper documents. He digitizes the paper documents and saves them as PDF; if he receives the document by email he saves them as PDF.
Anyway he saves this PDF files on his disk in a unique folder (say DOCS BASE) giving a name to each document an informative name. In a lot of these names he is including a date with slash as separator.
such as "Joe PATIENT - bio checkup - 09/2013.pdf"

I just discovered last week that he should have choose another separator.
As I am developing on Mac and he is using a Mac we had no problem.The problem arises because he needs to pass the app to colleagues the majority of which are working on Windows.

André