Genymotion Android emulator

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Jul 20 18:48:18 EDT 2013

On 07/20/2013 04:55 PM, Richmond wrote:
> "Richmond's experience" has been greatly exaggerated by Thee!

Thee or thou? Your post makes it sound like a universal Linux problem,
using the term "inevitably". I don't know what to say about the
instructions being wrong "(but that is normal for Linux)". I didn't read
them. I just downloaded the installer and clicked away and "magically"
everything worked, despite it being Linux.

One of the things that I find a little disappointing is the propensity
for people to say on this list that there's a "linux" problem when they
should say "I have a problem on my system". One of the reasons I tend to
look into and respond to posts to this list about problems Linux users
have is to help clarify when the issue is indeed a "linux" issue and
when the issue might be local. Clarifying this can only help get at the
root of a problem and hence a solution.

Further, I'm not interested in wasting time in the silly pursuit of
convincing people to run Linux as their main OS, but we should be
careful about not encouraging the exaggerated fear that Linux is just
too much trouble to think about at all. This is a cross-platform
developing environment and I think LiveCoders should be encouraged to
keep it in mind as a viable platform for app deployment, and an
"inevitably" hostile beast after all, to install for testing during
development.

Warren