Bug in Properties command in 6.1?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Jul 19 18:35:48 EDT 2013

On 20/07/2013, at 3:56 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> I see the error with padding here too ("can't set this property").  To
> clarify, I see it on Community 6.1; in 5.5.4, it lists htmlText and
> listBehavior and no error. This is on Windows, haven't tried it on Mac.

Yes, I have fixed it along with another bug but my fix hasn't been integrated yet. padding slipped by unnoticed because there's an error lock on when you set the properties and it is documented as a field property. Unfortunately there's a far more sinister issue with label, tooltip, stack title and button text. These are the properties that will return unicode variants if their value is non-ascii. Unfortunately there was an error with the code and even when ascii they are returning unicode.. Because null is not represented as a square box or anything in livecode fields it looks right when you put the value into a field and the only way you can work out there is an issue is with the length function. Both of these are fixed and should I hope be soon seen in a 6.1.1 release.

> In case it helps, here's the contents of tList as of the point the padding
> error occurs:

I've fixed the issue in this pull request https://github.com/runrev/livecode/pull/82 thanks.

Cheers

--