QT playback of remote files

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 19 12:55:56 EDT 2013

On 7/17/13 6:01 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> I just took a look at the engine source code and the engine is making
> different calls to get the movie playing with 'start player' then when you
> set 'the playrate'. When setting the 'playrate' QuickTime is completely
> responsible for getting the movie to play back properly.

The playrate property has been working flawlessly for me ever since I
put it in, so thanks again for this tip.

One thing for anyone who uses this method: apparently starting the
playback using only the playrate setting does not enable callbacks. In
order to get callbacks working again, I had to use both start and playrate:

   start player 1
   set the playrate of player 1 to 1

That seems to reliably play the QT movie and also sets up the callbacks.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com