How to manage file name containing a date with /

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jul 19 12:35:30 EDT 2013

A few ideas:

1.  Maybe whatever char you get back from 'the files' will work.  If you need to process the files in a folder just look at the files and look for a pattern that ignores the delimiter.  Or take the file list and convert colon and numToChar(240) to "/" and then process.

2.  I'm assuming that files saved on Windows have the dot, numtoChar(240), and files saved on Mac have the colon.  But files saved on Windows but read from a Mac have the dot look like eth, numToChar(240).  The different views are because of the different encodings used.   I might have some bad assumptions in there.

If you are building names, then just use numToChar(240) for your date delimiter to get files saved on Windows.

The dot and the eth are just two ways of interpreting 240.  It will look like dot on Windows and eth on Mac.  If I'm understanding your situation right.   So, just use numToChar(240) as the delimiter blindly when getting the file that was saved on a Windows machine and ":" when getting the file when saved on a Mac.  If you are not sure which, try one then the other.

3.  Maybe somebody has an idea on how to use '"?" in a file name to match those.

4.  Or, maybe, I realize this might be hard, have the doctor use some other character.

Dar