How to manage file name containing a date with /

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 18 15:57:50 EDT 2013

Bonjour,

the app. I am developing on Mac is for a physician (a friend of mine).
When he receives a document concerning a patient (ex. : results of a checkup) he scans it, creates a PDF and gives  it a name:
ex. : Joe PATIENT - bio checkup - 09/2013.pdf

I need to launch such documents from scripts.

On Mac, the slash is automatically replaced with :  (colon) ; well! why not as far as all works as expected :
- Double-click on the document opens it
- and, in a script, launch document "its file name" works as well. (the filename containing the colon)

My problem happens with Windows.
On Windows, the : (colon) is replaced with what seems to be a character ( a kind of period, or something like a small bullet point)
 - Double-clicking on a document keeps opening it (good)

- But to launch a document from a script I need to replace : (colon) with this "character" in the filename of the document.

I can't!!!

When  I copy this "character" and paste it in the script editor, it is immediately replaced with "?"
I tried pasting it in the message box: there, it is immediately replaced with   "ð   :-(((

I am going crazy!!

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Best regards