QT playback of remote files

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 17 11:08:07 EDT 2013

Hi Jaquelin,

Am 17.07.2013 um 16:44 schrieb J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>:

> Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>> Not sure if this will help, but I've had cases in which setting the
>> player's filename to empty in between loading actual remote videos has
>> helped.
>

> Thanks, it's my habit to do that too so it's already in there. I keep thinking the player should know by itself when it's safe to start playback.  Grumble.

maybe you can use Trevors Wonderfull Enhanced QuickTime External, which will let YOU manage all this stuf?

From the docs:
######################
function qtGetMaxLoadedTimeInMovie (MovieControllerID)

Returns the download state of the movie controller.
Parameters:
MovieControllerID: movieControllerID.
Return:
Total movie downloaded in movie's time base.
########################
function qtGetMovieLoadState (MovieControllerID)

Returns the download state of the movie controller.
This function lets your code perform relative comparisons against movie loading milestones to determine
if certain operations make sense. Don't call more often then every quarter of a second. Its return values are
ordered so that they conform to this rule:
kMovieLoadStateError
< kMovieLoadStateLoading
< kMovieLoadStatePlayable
< kMovieLoadStateComplete
Parameters:
MovieControllerID: movieControllerID.
Return:
Integer value:
-1 (kMovieLoadStateError)
1000 (kMovieLoadStateLoading)
10000 (kMovieLoadStatePlayable)
20000 (kMovieLoadStatePlayThroughOK)
100000 (kMovieLoadStateComplete)
#################################
function qtIsMovieDownloadingProgressively (MovieControllerID)

Returns true if the movie in the controller is being progressively downloaded.
Parameters:
MovieControllerID: Target movieControllerID.
Return:
Boolean

:-)

>  --