Managing Long IDs?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jul 15 19:26:13 EDT 2013

Thanks Mark.  I was hoping there was some encoding thing I could do to
avoid having to translate paths back and forth, but of course that method
can work, and I suppose you'd have to decode an encoded string anyway.

A folder with commas in the name isn't totally implausible.  In this case,
they were using a date as the folder name to reference the contents.  You
and I would never do it, but they (understandably) saw a date as a
reasonable label.

Then there's the hell of slashes.  It seems you have to test for a colon
on OS X.

(Hmm.  That last sentence could be read in a number of ways.)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design