Managing Long IDs?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Jul 15 18:52:04 EDT 2013

On 16/07/2013, at 8:12 AM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Does anybody have a simple means of dealing with this?  urlEncode?
> Something else?  The end result is going to be available to anyone, so
> it's not reasonable to issue a "Don't place this app in a folder that
> contains commas in the name!" warning to users.

Unfortunately my pull request implementing rugged id was rejected. That would have worked well for you. You can always implement a ruggedIDfromLongID function in LiveCode. The other thing is the problem seems to be more in how you are storing your long ids rather than the actual long id. Do you have them as an item in a list?

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!