Is there any issue with a file and directory set up that includes a space?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 13:53:38 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Mark Rauterkus
<mark.rauterkus at gmail.com> wrote:

> The space comes in as "%20" between first name and last name just fine so
> far. But, will this break on any platform?

After years of dealing with multiple platforms, I've decided that the
rule for spaces & punctuation in filenames is:  "Don't.  Ever."

I allow letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.

It's just asking for trouble to allow anything that has meaning under
some contexts and not others.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462