positioning stacks off screen in Linux

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 13 11:53:59 EDT 2013

Warren Samples wrote:
> No, hiding the stack is completely different from moving it to a
> location outside the visible display area. For most purposes they serve
> the same practical effect, but not necessarily all. At any rate, this is
> something that should, if possible, behave the same on all platforms in
> order to avoid confusion or unpleasant surprises.

I agree that it should ideally be fixed, provided the GTK APIs allow for
it (I've been surprised to find some of the things we take for granted
on other platforms that are just completely absent from GTK, like being
able to set the windowBoundingRect).

But in the meantime, to keep your project moving forward, it can be
helpful to explore other options to get the same result.

What's happening in your setup that makes hiding the stack impractical?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World