Learning Pack

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 06:03:34 EDT 2013

On 07/13/2013 11:52 AM, Peter W A Wood wrote:
> Richmond
>
> On 13 Jul 2013, at 15:59, Richmond wrote:
>
>> Now what I cannot understand is how the teacher will benefit from having the
>> commercial edition, especially when the kids are using the community one.
> It couldn't be anything to do with the kids developing IOS apps and then the teacher being able to load them on their pupils machines could it?
>
> Regards
>
> Peter

Does that mean that the Community edition cannot hive off IOS standalones?

Oddly enough the Community edition standalone settings stack says this:

"Apple does not allow GPL apps to be submitted to the App Store"

and blocks users from hiving of IOS standalones - which is odd as I
might want to
make an IOS standalone to load directly (i.e. not via the App Store)
onto a number of devices.

Does that mean that RunRev are restricting the freedom of Open Source
Software because of
the dictates of a company that is, arguably, the king of restrictive
practices?

I don't quite understand why end-users should be prevented from making
IOS standalones just because the App Store says "No!"

Probably it is time to hack the standalone builder so that that is possible.

Richmond.