Chained Behaviors

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 16:33:46 EDT 2013

On 07/12/2013 10:43 PM, John Dixon wrote:
> Richard....
>
>> I hear what you're saying about the risk of becoming too complex, and I
>> agree we should evaluate such proposed extensions very carefully.
> On this we agree... with emphasis on 'very carefully'...
>
>> In the end what I learned is that he's deeply passionate about
>> preserving the essence of xTalk, and as long as there's a mother ship
>> playing the role of arbiter of such decisions, I feel we can relax with
>> the confidence that we're in good hands.
> I really do hope so...
>
> Dixie

When I was 4 years old (1966) an aunt of mine sent me a box full of Lego;
this meant blocks and plates,

the next year she sent me some wheels, windows and doors,

the year after that she sent me some roof tiles,

the year after that she died.

-----

Years later (1982) I went to buy some more Lego . . .

and found that there was a plethora of "funny shaped bits" that, while
looking as if they allowed
you greater creativity, actually restricted the choices of what you
could make with them.

-----

God forgive me, but I wonder if my aunt didn't die at just the right time.

I rest my case.

Richmond.