Array glitch

Terry Dennis tedennis at softwaredetails.com
Thu Jul 11 21:31:52 EDT 2013

Mark: re: test script in a button in a *new stack*?

Been there, done that.  As I noted in a prior email, it occurred ...

"3) in an entirely new stack after exiting and re-entering LC"

Perhaps I'm being paranoid and I shouldn't worry about it.

If I rely on that assumption as a basis for using seconds as my data access
scheme, it's likely I will regret it somewhere down the road.

I think Murphy is in my family tree.

I've considered using the difference between "seconds" and the start of the
decade, or the start of the century, as my array key.  Then, adjust it when
necessary.  But, until I can be reasonably confident I won't run into the
same type of problem with a different value, I'm reluctant to rework my
logic to use that scheme.

I suppose I could spend a bunch of time running a zillion tests with
different values until I come across the value that breaks it.   Then we
would have something for the LC guys to work on.  I'll get back to you in a
couple of years to let you know the results of my tests.  ;-)

Of course, it could be it has nothing whatsoever to do with the value of the
key ... which is why I didn't think "seconds" would break it.

Loop: See "recursive"

Recursive: See "loop"

Terry