Array glitch

Terry Dennis tedennis at softwaredetails.com
Thu Jul 11 19:38:24 EDT 2013

Well, back to my original question ... how do I determine what caused this?

If the debugger chokes on it, there's a good chance there's some other
insidious related glitch in the guts of LC that will cause other strange
happenings.  I'm allergic to strange happenings.

I don't want to use a value for my array keys that will cause nightmarish
problems in the future.

I built that test script to isolate a problem that had already cost me a
bunch of time and caused a loss of data.  Then, isolating the problem took a
while, because I didn't think something as simplistic as that would be a
problem.

Now, does anybody have any idea what the problem is, so I can redesign my
array to avoid the problem?  Or, better yet, have somebody at RunRev fix the
problem so some other poor schmuck doesn't experience the same surprise.

That glitch exists in:

1) an existing stack (which is how I first encountered it),
2) in the same stack with a new button and new script,
3) in an entirely new stack after exiting and re-entering LC.

I don't think it's environmental, but I suppose it could be ... which brings
me back to my original question ... how do I determine what caused this?

Terry