[OT] Google Math Fun

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jul 10 02:47:19 EDT 2013

When working in LiveCode, I often use the message box to do quick
operations and avoid switching out to another application, say a math
problem for example.  Tonight I needed to do some quick operations while
searching the Web and I had just a feeling in my gut that Google had taken
care of this.  This might be old news to some, but sure enough, I typed
"1136 divided by 2" into the browser search field, and Google returned a
javascript calculator pre-filled with the answer.

Nice one, Google.

(I now expect the day will come when Google will return a page containing
a picture of a large camera lens and will speak to me in a synthesized
voice:  "I'm sorry, Scott. I'm afraid I can't do that.")

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design